Creating and Maintaining Effective Metrics for Assessing Enterprise Security
The enterprise risk assessment and enterprise risk management processes comprise the heart of the information security framework. These are the processes that establish the rules and guidelines of the security policy while transforming the objectives of an information security framework into specific plans for the implementation of key controls and mechanisms that minimize threats and vulnerabilities. Each part of the technology infrastructure should be assessed for its risk profile. From that assessment, a determination should be made to effectively and efficiently allocate the organization’s time and money toward achieving the most appropriate and best employed overall security policies. The process of performing such a risk assessment can be quite complex and should take into account secondary and other effects of action (or inaction) when deciding how to address security for the various IT resources.
Assessment for Privilege Identity Management
Privileged identity management (PIM) is one of the biggest priorities for security teams, but it brings some difficult challenges. Privileged users which include your IT administrators or database administrators hold the keys to the organization’s crown jewels i.e. the classified company data.
As a result, threat actors target privileged accounts for stealing the sensitive company and customer data. That’s why the misuse and abuse of privileged credentials is a major concern for IT security professionals. According to Gartner, more than half of security failures associated with IaaS and PaaS will be the result of companies failing to adopt privileged access management technology and processes.
Hence, it becomes clear that the security of your privileged accounts is of utmost importance.
Regardless of where your organization stands in its implementation of IAM, it is crucial to perform an IAM assessment as the first step to raising maturity. If your organization has less mature IAM programs, a full IAM assessment can help guide the strategic direction and provide a road map for improvement. If you need targeted help in the PAM space, a PAM assessment serves as a logical starting point to determine the best course of action. The assessment will help your organization determine:
- Your organization’s risk for a security breach involving the privileged passwords.
- Which all identities have privileged access or over permissions?
- If you can recover privileged credentials after an incident?
- Inappropriate use of privileged identities.
- Your strengths and weaknesses with respect to both process and technology.
- Can you act quickly when suspicious privileged account use occurs?
- What are the potential projects and services that can be introduced to the IAM program, via a multi-year road map, to raise IAM maturity?
- Your current risk, technology, and human environment in order to build a comprehensive customer requirements document.
The enterprise risk assessment process comprises the heart of the information security framework. From it, a determination has to be made to effectively and efficiently allocate your organization’s time and money towards achieving the most appropriate and best employed overall security policies.
CyberArk, a market leader and a trusted expert in PIM, has introduced the CyberArk Privileged Access Security Assessment Tool to guide your organization across all the above-mentioned fronts. Technosprout is proud to be a Gold Partner with CyberArk and offer their privileged identity management services. Together we address one of the biggest security concerns in the world today – the security of highly classified data of your organization.
Assessment for Cloud Security
Cyber-attacks have increased manifold. Every day around 4,00,000 malware are found and 375 cyber attacks witnessed. With more and more organizations shifting to the cloud it is important that you secure your cloud data as cybercriminals have turned hyperactive. To protect your cloud environments you must identify the risks and vulnerabilities associated with them.
A cloud security assessment test helps you to identify and mitigate the security risks in cloud computing. It helps you gain that needed visibility across your organization’s multi-cloud environments and understand where your vulnerable resources are. This assessment enables your security and compliance teams to fully understand their specific risks and compliance posture across various cloud environments.
By answering some simple questions about how you use the cloud, we can help you better understand your level of risk and provide some helpful recommendations and next steps to mitigate risk across your cloud deployments.
Below are some questions that a cloud security assessment can help you get an answer for:
- What are the inherent security risks associated with your cloud?
- Are your current security measures sufficient and do they provide sufficient visibility?
- Do you know where you store your sensitive data?
- Are you investing in the right places to achieve the correct levels of security for how your classified data should be protected across multiple cloud environments?
How Technosprout can help you with cloud security assessment?
- Our assessment services provide organizations with the ability to keep pace with cloud evolution.
- Helps you to understand the current state of your cloud security capabilities.
- Our experts provide you with insights and guidance for improving your cloud security controls.
- We provide an in-depth analysis of your cloud security program’s strengths and weaknesses.